9th August 2018
Are you up to the challenge?
Our monthly pub quiz is now up and running! Put a note in your diary for the third Wednesday of the month from now on.
The next quiz will take place on the 15th August 2018 and kicks off at 7.30pm. We have a variety of rounds on each month, so you never know when your specialist subject will come up. Grab three mates and get involved!
Each team of four gets free entry to the quiz and we will have cocktail specials available. The winning team will receive a free Cocktail Masterclass! Head over to our masterclass page to find out more about what is up for grabs.
To start you off, let’s see how you do with these Manhattan34 themed questions!
The Manhattan Pub Quiz Test!
- When did Prohibition end in the United States of America?
- What are the ingredients in a traditional Manhattan cocktail?
- Who directed the film Manhattan (1979)?
- Manhattan Island is now estimated to be worth over $3trillion – but how much did Dutch colonists pay the local Native American population for it? a $1050 b $10,500 c $105,000 d $1,050,000
- Central Park was the first landscaped public park to be opened in an American city, but what year did it open?
- It what year did Manhattan34 first open it’s doors to the public?
- We offer one of the widest ranges of bourbon in the Midlands, but how many individual bourbons do we actually stock?
- Manhattan34 is also well known for our selection of Boilermakers. But what is a boilermaker?
- What is the name of the Manhattan34 house band?
- Guests hiring our Cellar Bar enjoy the services of their own dedicated bartender. But how much does it cost to hire the Cellar Bar?
Scroll down to see how you got on!
Did you answer all the questions? Don’t be scrolling until you have your answers ready!
- 5th December 1933
- Whisky, sweet vermouth and bitters
- Woody Allen
- 30 bourbons
- The American Boilermaker is a shot of bourbon, served with a beer. This is what we serve here at Manhattan34. However, traditionally an English Boilermaker was a half pint of mild mixed with a pint of bitter. This is often referred to as a pint of mixed in the few Leicester pubs which still serve it (if any exist at all!)
- The Snowfathers
- Nothing! Hiring the Cellar Bar is free.
So how did you do?
0-3 – Uh oh! You’d best come along to our free pub quiz and brush up on your general knowledge skills!
4-7 – Not bad! If there’s a prevailing wind you might well bag that free Cocktail Masterclass at our pub quiz.
8-10 – We’re not worthy! You have got this quiz thing nailed. We’ll see you on the third Wednesday of the month from 7.30pm and worship at the altar of your heavenly quiz skills! BACK